Lent Life

Sunday, November 18, 2012

To My Dear Great Aunt Rose

Dear Aunt Rose,

Today I am saddened to hear of your passing and wish that I could be there to celebrate your life.  You were an amazing women and I want you to know you were an inspiration to us all, even if we were not the best at showing it.  I know that you touched a lot of lives in Ketchikan with your work at the hospital, and volunteer work at the church and the soup kitchen.  I think you were an amazing women alone in just raising your sisters five children like they were your own after she passed.  I could only imagine how hard it would be to raise five children that weren't even yours all by yourself.  I have so many memories of playing at your house as a child and only now realize as an adult how truly patient you were.  I remember making you watch me play with toys and if I caught your eyes closed I would wake you and make you watch me play.  You always said you were just resting your eyes and not sleeping.  I cant even count how many times you walked up Bryant street hill for me so I could play in the park, and I know that was hard for you but you did it anyway.  In also remember playing the piano, and I know I wasn't good, probably just banging all the keys and you never got mad or irritated.  We used to go to the landing and get a stack of pancakes for breakfast on the days that I stayed the night with you.  I have wonderful memories of you from my childhood and I know that you had a long and wonderful life.  You will truly be miss by many and I hope you are in a happier place with the rest of your family that has passed before you.  I love you Aunt Rose and I hope to see you again.  I really wish you could have met your great great niece, I think you would have liked her.

Love Always,
Monica

 
Aunt Rose on her 90th Birthday

 
Aunt Rose and I when I was little
 
"When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure"
 
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal"



No comments:

Post a Comment